16th Annual CBN- Montgomery County Catholic Elementary School
The CBN-MC Foundation will award scholarships for students in need of financial support to be enrolled in a Montgomery County Catholic Elementary School in the Fall of 2023, thanks to the continued generosity of the John C. Grimberg Co., Inc. All Catholic elementary school principals in Montgomery County, Maryland are invited to apply on behalf of the student anonymously. The principal should review the criteria below and write a narrative statement to support the requirements for the student/family to qualify for the award. To protect the dignity of the student and family, the principal will not have to provide the name of the student/family in the narrative.
The narrative must be sent via regular U.S. mail, and as instructed and to the address below, no later than Friday, February 17, 2023.
CBN-MC will award the scholarship(s) to the school, not the student/family, at its Annual Scholarship Breakfast on Tuesday, April 4. The school will apply the award to the student’s tuition. Principals are encouraged to apply on behalf of a student who meets the criteria below.
- This NEED-based Scholarship shall be awarded to students who plan on attending a Montgomery County Catholic Elementary School in the fall of 2023.
- The NEED-based Scholarship is intended for students who have financial needs, physical disabilities or learning disabilities.
- CBN-MC is accepting one application from each Montgomery County Catholic elementary school principal.
- Principals apply on behalf of the student / family anonymously.
- Principals shall write a narrative in their words why they feel the student / family meets the criteria for this Scholarship.
- Principals are to submit a typed narrative no more than 500 words. No mention of the student, school, or parish should be included in the body of the narrative.
- Narrative to be submitted in duplicate and have a separate cover page with the school’s name, principal’s name, address, and phone number.
- Cover page must be SIGNED by the principal.
To protect confidentiality, each of the narratives will be assigned a number by CBN-MC and narratives will be sent to volunteer judges to determine the awardees.
CBN-MC NEED-BASED SCHOLARSHIP c/o John F. Treseler
John C. Grimberg Co., Inc.
3200 Tower Oaks Blvd., Suite 300
Rockville, MD 20852
Click Here for a PDF of this information